Haida Gwaii Yoga Retreat & Cultural Experience
Are you ready for a Yoga Adventure in Nature and an Incredible Cultural Experience on spectacular Haida land? Focus on personal joy, cultural discovery and mind-body rejuvenation for a whole week!
Choose from two different amazing retreats – read more below.
Trip 1: Parent & Teen
Unplug and connect with your teen (ages 12-17) on this journey through Haida Gwaii- a week in nature, connected and reset to center.
Outdoor adventure, education and fun are at the top of the priority as you build a deeper relationship with your teen. Working on leadership qualities, building confidence and strong community connections as we meet inspiring leaders in the Haida Gwaii Community all unique in their purpose and passion for what they do. Restore inner peace with quiet morning sunrises, daily yoga practices, and mindfulness practices in remarkable locations ~ in the Haida Heritage Centre, on Tow Hill, in the deep & silent forest.
Focus your mind and body on health, happiness and connection to nature, but also on exploration as we embark on an unforgettable journey through the fascinating sites of Haida Gwaii.
July 24-31, 2019
Trip 2: Outdoor Adventure
Adventuring across Haida Gwaii!
Begin your journey and step foot where few have gone before in remote Haida Gwaii: a unique and sacred healing place. Replenish your soul and restore inner peace with daily yoga, meditation, and mindfulness practices in remarkable locations ~ in the Haida Heritage Centre, on Tow Hill, in the deep & silent forest.
Focus your mind and body on health, happiness and exploration as we embark on a once in a lifetime trip.
ADD ON: BONUS* a 3 day ticket to the Edge of the World Music Festival Aug.9th, 10th, 11th. Option to camp or stay at a Lodge.
August 1-8, 2019
What to expect
- Fresh healthy local seafood and a traditional Haida dinner
- Get exclusive access to Haida artists & carvers to learn from their personal studios and their creative history.
- Practice morning meditation on the ocean just outside your door
- Spot wildlife on an epic adventure with Haida Style Expeditions – sea lions, bears, whales and eagles
- Visit Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve- hidden village sites possibilities: Tanu, Skedans, Or a Westcoast Tour
- Private Tour of the Haida Heritage World Class Museum AND BONUS Yoga practice IN the museum.
- Gwaii Land Tours takes us to comb agate beach and visit the North Shore sandy beaches with a view known as “Hawaii North“ long beaches, shipwrecks, hiking, gorgeous- and many more surprise moments….
- Explore the ancient Totems at the sacred UNESCO Heritage Site at SG̱ang Gwaay with private guides to teach us the Haida History.
- explore art, a famous garden and the ‘Gnome house at Sitka Studios
- Crystal Cabins- education on geology of Haida Gwaii, gemstones and the Famous Tell Stone Circle
- Mindfulness walk through an ancient old growth forest and see the site of the Golden Spruce
Get on the list
Keep in touch with us and we will make sure you have all the latest information – including advance notice of remaining spots on this trip before they’re gone! Contact us to join our exclusive mailing list.
What People Are Saying
“The Haida Gwaii retreat is an unforgettable, magical, spiritual experience organized by our enthusiastic leader, Tara. A wonderful group to travel with and I’d highly recommend this retreat for your bucket list!”Louise
“Our accommodations were perfect, the food was amazing every meal, the excursions were all pinch-me moments as I did not think it was possible to have so many beautiful memories in such a short space of time.”Sylvia
“I felt connected to nature and am rejuvenated after having the opportunity to be part of this life altering retreat. I feel more at peace with myself and my surroundings.”Paulette