Haida Gwaii Yoga Retreat & Cultural Experience
Are you ready for a Yoga Adventure in Nature and an Incredible Cultural Experience on spectacular Haida land? Focus on personal joy, cultural discovery and mind-body rejuvenation for a whole week!
Choose from two different amazing retreats – read more below.
Trip 1: Young Adventurers
- Young Adult (ages 19-25)
- Parent & Teen
This retreat is designed for young adventurers to journey through the fascinating land and First Nations culture of Haida Gwaii.
Meet artists, carvers and outdoor guides who are experts in the knowledge they want to share to inspire and connect with the healing qualities and strength we can find in nature.
Represent your community, learn about reconcili-ACTION, accurate history, and an understanding of indigenous rights, residential schools and reconciliation. Learn about the Stewardship Laws and Watchman Camps from Haida leaders and stay in a long house on Swan Island.
This trip has a special 2-day event in outdoor education at Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve, National Marine Conservation Area Reserve, and Haida Heritage Site led by personal Haida guides from Haida Style Expeditions.
Professional guide and very experienced teacher, Ben Cochrane, from Gwaii Land Tour Company will lead in the North Island, Tow Hill, Port Clements, and Tlell.
July 24-31, 2019
Trip 2: Outdoor Adventure
Adventuring across Haida Gwaii!
Begin your journey and step foot where few have gone before in remote Haida Gwaii: a unique and sacred healing place. Replenish your soul and restore inner peace with daily yoga, meditation, and mindfulness practices in remarkable locations ~ in the Haida Heritage Centre, on Tow Hill, in the deep & silent forest.
Focus your mind and body on health, happiness and exploration as we embark on a once in a lifetime trip.
August 1-8, 2019
Price : $2,600 + tax (flights booked separately)
ONLY 3 spots left
Extra-Cost Add-on: BONUS* a 3 day ticket to the Edge of the World Music Festival Aug.9th, 10th, 11th. Option to camp or stay at a Lodge.
What to expect
- Fresh healthy local seafood and a traditional Haida dinner
- Get exclusive access to Haida artists & carvers to learn from their personal studios and their creative history.
- Practice morning meditation on the ocean just outside your door
- Spot wildlife on an epic adventure with Haida Style Expeditions – sea lions, bears, whales and eagles
- Visit Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve- hidden village sites possibilities: Tanu, Skedans, Or a Westcoast Tour
- Private Tour of the Haida Heritage World Class Museum AND BONUS Yoga practice IN the museum.
- Gwaii Land Tours takes us to comb agate beach and visit the North Shore sandy beaches with a view known as “Hawaii North“ long beaches, shipwrecks, hiking, gorgeous- and many more surprise moments….
- Explore the ancient Totems at the sacred UNESCO Heritage Site at SG̱ang Gwaay with private guides to teach us the Haida History.
- explore art, a famous garden and the ‘Gnome house at Sitka Studios
- Crystal Cabin- education on geology of Haida Gwaii, gemstones and the Famous Tlell Stone Circle
- Mindfulness walk through an ancient old growth forest and see the site of the Golden Spruce
Register now to reserve your spot!
Spend your summer vacation on a retreat to reset yourself in amazing Haida Gwaii.
Your money goes further when it’s spent in your own province!
Get on the list
Keep in touch with us and we will make sure you have all the latest information – including advance notice of remaining spots on this trip before they’re gone! Contact us to join our exclusive mailing list.
What People Are Saying
“The Haida Gwaii retreat is an unforgettable, magical, spiritual experience organized by our enthusiastic leader, Tara. A wonderful group to travel with and I’d highly recommend this retreat for your bucket list!”Louise
“Our accommodations were perfect, the food was amazing every meal, the excursions were all pinch-me moments as I did not think it was possible to have so many beautiful memories in such a short space of time.”Sylvia
“I felt connected to nature and am rejuvenated after having the opportunity to be part of this life altering retreat. I feel more at peace with myself and my surroundings.”Paulette